Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Majewski, Lawrence J.
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Majewski, Laurence James
- Majewski, L.J.
- Majewski, Lawrence James
- Majewski, Larry
- Lawrence J. Majewski
- Majewski, Laurence J.
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Lawrence Majewski was a conservator who studied art at Yale. He began his career with paintings conservation, then became Deputy Director of the Byzantine Institute from 1956–1960, working on conservation of mosaics and frescoes in Istanbul, and also in Perachorio, Cyprus. He returned to the United States, became a professor at NYU, and spent a long career as a teacher and a consultant on archaeological and art conservation projects worldwide.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
US LCNAF nr 88010674
Rules and/or conventions used
ISAAR (CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
This record was created by Beth Bayley on October 26, 2012, and revised by Jessica Cebra on July 1, 2014.
- LCNAF: http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr88010674
- The finding aid created by the Image Collections and Fieldwork Archives.
- "Lawrence Majewski, Expert in Fine Arts Conservation, 80," New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/29/arts/lawrence-majewski-expert-in-fine-arts-conservation-80.html
- "Lawrence J. Majewski, 1999 Conservation and Heritage Management Award," Archeological Institute of America, http://www.archaeological.org/lawrencejmajewski%E2%80%941999conservationandheritagemanagementaward
- Megaw, Arthur H.S. and Ernest J.W. Hawkins. "The Church of the Holy Apostles at Perachorio, Cyprus, and Its Frescoes," Dumbarton Oaks Papers, No. 16, 1962, p. 280
- VIAF: http://viaf.org/viaf/65201867