@Dumbarton Oaks

Browse Places Imrahor Camii

Interior view

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-003
  • Image
  • 1937

Interior looking southeast

Brick cross

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-007
  • Image
  • 1937

Brick cross on the north facade and detail of brick masonry

Marble pavement

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-010
  • Image
  • 1937

Detail of the inlaid marble pavement

Marble pavement

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-012
  • Image
  • 1937

Detail of the inlaid marble pavement

Cistern

  • PH.BZ.010-036-008
  • Image
  • 1937

The colonnaded interior of the cistern of the monastery located southeast of the church

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel interior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-012
  • Image
  • 1944

The interior of the chapel with a column and impost capital - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel entrance

  • PH.BZ.010-036-014
  • Image
  • 1944

The stairs at the entrance of the chapel - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel interior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-015
  • Image
  • 1944

The interior of the chapel with a column and impost capital - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 1944, does not e...

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel exterior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-022
  • Image
  • 1944

Chapel from the southeast with the walls of the church in the background - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 194...

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Marble pavement

  • PH.BZ.010-036-025
  • Image
  • 1935

Inlaid marble pavement of the nave with the feet of Nicholas V. Artamonoff

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Narthex facade

  • PH.BZ.010-036-026
  • Image
  • 1935

Central section of the colonnaded exterior faÁade of the narthex with the door frames on either side

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Cornice fragment with acanthus motif

  • PH.BZ.002-02-017-005
  • Image
  • 1970

Cornice fragment with acanthus motif, located on southern stylobate? towards west of Imrahor Camii (Studios Monastery).

Betsch, William Earl

Tongue cornice

  • PH.BZ.002-02-017-018
  • Image
  • 1970

Tongue cornice, located in the southwest corner of the central bay of the narthex in Imrahor Camii (Studios Monastery).

Betsch, William Earl

Cornice fragment with acanthus motif

  • PH.BZ.002-02-017-006
  • Image
  • 1970

Cornice fragment with acanthus motif, located on southern stylobate? towards west of Imrahor Camii (Studios Monastery).

Betsch, William Earl

Tongue cornice

  • PH.BZ.002-02-017-017
  • Image
  • 1970

Tongue cornice, located in the southwest corner of the central bay of the narthex in Imrahor Camii (Studios Monastery).

Betsch, William Earl

Exterior view

  • PH.BZ.010-036-005
  • Image
  • 1936

Exterior view of the east wall and apse from the southeast

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

View from minaret

  • PH.BZ.010-036-007
  • Image
  • 1937

View of the east end of the church and the neighborhood from the minaret

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Wall detail

  • PH.BZ.010-036-010
  • Image
  • 1937

Detail of masonry and brickwork

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel interior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-011
  • Image
  • 1944

Column and impost capital from the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel built over a corner of the cistern located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in this photograph of 1944, does not exist anymore

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Well head

  • PH.BZ.010-036-017
  • Image
  • 1944

Well head near the apse of the chapel - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 1944, does not exist anymore

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel exterior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-020
  • Image
  • 1944

Chapel from the southeast with the walls of the church in the background - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 194...

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Nave and apse

  • PH.BZ.010-036-023
  • Image
  • 1935

Nave and apse from the west

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Atrium with fountain

  • PH.BZ.010-036-027
  • Image
  • 1935

Atrium with a fountain, with the west facade of the narthex in the background

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Marble pavement

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-009
  • Image
  • 1937

Detail of the inlaid marble pavement

Tongue cornice

  • PH.BZ.002-02-017-016
  • Image
  • 1970

Tongue cornice, located in the northwest corner of the central bay of the narthex in Imrahor Camii (Studios Monastery).

Betsch, William Earl

Narthex

  • PH.BZ.010-036-001
  • Image
  • 1936

Narthex from the southeast

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

North aisle

  • PH.BZ.010-036-002
  • Image
  • 1936

North aisle from the northwest

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Well head

  • PH.BZ.010-036-019
  • Image
  • 1944

Well head near the apse of the chapel - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 1944, does not exist anymore

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel exterior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-021
  • Image
  • 1944

Chapel from the southeast with the walls of the church in the background - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 194...

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Nave and north aisle

  • PH.BZ.010-036-024
  • Image
  • 1935

Nave and north aisle colonnade from the southwest

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Interior view

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-002
  • Image
  • 1937

Interior looking southwest

Interior view

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-004
  • Image
  • 1937

Interior looking southeast

Exterior view

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-005
  • Image
  • 1937

Exterior facade of the narthex looking east

Interior view

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-013
  • Image
  • 1939

Interior towards the east

Nave and north aisle

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-001
  • Image

Nave and north aisle colonnade from the southwest

Exterior view

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-006
  • Image
  • 1937

Exterior wall of the historic site looking east towards the church

Brick cross

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-008
  • Image
  • 1937

Brick cross on the north facade and detail of brick masonry

Marble pavement

  • MS.BZ.012-02-03-05-018-011
  • Image
  • 1937

Detail of the inlaid marble pavement with a griffon

Marble pavement

  • PH.BZ.010-036-003
  • Image
  • 1936

Detail of the inlaid marble pavement

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Nave

  • PH.BZ.010-036-004
  • Image
  • 1936

Interior facade of the west wall of the nave

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Entrance to site

  • PH.BZ.010-036-006
  • Image
  • 1936

West entrance of the site with the minaret and the wall of the west galleries in the background

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Cistern

  • PH.BZ.010-036-009
  • Image
  • 1937

The colonnaded interior of the cistern of the monastery located southeast of the church

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel interior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-013
  • Image
  • 1944

The interior of the chapel with the stairs leading outside - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 1944, does not ex...

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Chapel interior

  • PH.BZ.010-036-016
  • Image
  • 1944

Brick arch supported by a column and a brick pier - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)

Well head

  • PH.BZ.010-036-018
  • Image
  • 1944

Pericles next to the well head near the apse of the chapel - the two-columned and groin-vaulted chapel is built over a corner of the cistern, located southeast of the church - the chapel, which was occupied by Surps distillery in 1944, does not ex...

Artamonoff, N. V. (Nicholas Victor)