Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Forbes, Edward W. (Edward Waldo)
Parallel form(s) of name
- Forbes, Edward Waldo
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
- Forbes, Edward W. (Edward Waldo)
Other form(s) of name
- Edward Waldo Forbes
- Forbes, Edward W.
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Edward Waldo Forbes was born in 1873 on Naushon Island, an island in Massachusetts owned by his family. He attended Harvard and was made the director of the Fogg Art Museum 1909, retiring in 1944. He served on the board of trustees for the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston for sixty years, and was a contributor to the Byzantine Institute fund. He was married to Margaret Laighton.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Emerson, William (1873-1957)
Identifier of the related entity
US LCNAF no 96048879
Category of the relationship
Dates of the relationship
Description of relationship
US LCNAF no2009197892
Rules and/or conventions used
ISAAR (CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
This record was created by Beth Bayley on October 26, 2012
- LCNAF: http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2009197892
- VIAF: http://viaf.org/viaf/15055987
- “Forbes, Edward Waldo,” Dictionary of Art Historians, http://www.dictionaryofarthistorians.org/forbese.htm.
- The finding aid created by the Image Collections and Fieldwork Archives.