@Dumbarton Oaks

Browse Subjects Churches (buildings)

Church of Panagia tou Arakos, Exterior

  • US DcWaDIC MS.BZ.004-03-01-15-001
  • Work
  • 1100 - 1192

The church building is thought to have existed prior to 1192, the date ascribed to the first cycle of wall paintings. Possibly dated from the middle of the twelfth century. A narthex extension took place in the seventeenth century.

Ground plan

  • MS.BZ.004-03-01-15-001-006
  • Image
  • 1969

Reproduction of a plan by Richard Anderson.

West facade

  • MS.BZ.004-03-01-02-001-008
  • Image
  • 1936

Byzantine Institute, Inc.

South facade

  • MS.BZ.004-03-01-02-001-010
  • Image
  • 1936

Byzantine Institute, Inc.

West facade

  • MS.BZ.004-03-01-02-001-027
  • Image
  • 1936

Byzantine Institute, Inc.

South facade

  • MS.BZ.004-03-01-02-001-039
  • Image
  • 1936

Byzantine Institute, Inc.

South facade

  • MS.BZ.004-03-01-02-001-055
  • Image
  • 1936

Byzantine Institute, Inc.

South facade

  • MS.BZ.004-03-01-02-001-064
  • Image
  • 1937

Byzantine Institute, Inc.

Results 101 to 200 of 1600